Major man-made or natural disasters are often followed by deep chaos. The more knowledgeable we all are in how to deal with those disasters, the more capable we will be of saving lives and communities. That education should begin in our school in the hopes that younger generations can build a safer and stronger society.
That's why I created a petition to the Tacoma School Board.
Will you sign this petition? Click here!
Here are some other ways you can help spread the word:
- Join us at the February 13th Tacoma School Board meeting at 6pm in the Central Administration Building (601 South 8th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405)
- Share the petition on Facebook
- Send an email to your contacts
- Talk about it in person with your friends and families
- Connect us to Tacoma High School students interested in this issue (see details below for high schooler opportunities) Send a letter to the editor: http://signon.org/tools/lte.html
- We'd like to have the petition delivered to the Tacoma School Board by Tacoma high school students. If you know of any high schools students in the Tacoma area that would be interested in this issue, please either send me their contact info or have them email me at email@example.com. The School Board will be meeting February 13th at 6pm at the Central Administration Building (601 South 8th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405).
It is so necessary that our youth be involved in understanding and working to resolve potential dangers in a world that they will inherit.
I hope you will help us make this training a reality.
Bix, aka William "Bix" Bichsel, SJ