Quotable

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones
-Albert Einstein (contemplating nuclear devastation)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Photo Tribute to Jackie Hudson

Friends,

In my sorrow over the loss of our dear Jackie Hudson I found myself going through photos in a sort of meditation on her remarkable, full life.  Since I first posted the photos of the last decade I was able to scan a multitude of photos from Jackie's earlier years.  I hope you enjoy this glimpse into Jackie's life as I have.

Peace,

Leonard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie visited Portland OR and gave a presentation about her work. I took my elderly mom with me to hear Jackie speak. Mom, a survivor of a bombing raid in WW II, still suffers with PTSD from that experience. I made sure that mom met Jackie.
Rarely have I witnessed such kindness and compassion for mom from a stranger. Jackie connected with her in a profound way. Mom felt heard, recognized, and valued. I hold Jackie in high regard for that. When she passed, I remembered how she responded to mom, bringing all of us such grace. Here's to the memory and legacy of Jackie. Now to continue her compelling work...
Marlene Howell

Watson said...

Thank you Leonard. I still have one of Jackie's letters from prison tucked into my Bible. She remains an example of what it is to be a follower of Jesus.
Barbara